The representation of contemporary African art in the art world has been growing in recent years, with an increasing number of African artists gaining recognition and success in the global art market. Many African artists have achieved international acclaim and their works are exhibited in galleries and museums around the world.
However, knowledge of and investment in contemporary African art is quite low relative to other types of art.
Today, we give you 5 ways to support and learn more about contemporary African art.
1. Attend exhibitions and shows featuring African artists: One way to support African artists is to attend exhibitions and shows featuring their work. This not only helps to support the artists financially, but it also helps to expose their work to a wider audience and can increase their visibility and recognition in the art world.
2. Purchase works by African artists: Another way to support African artists is to purchase their works. This can help to provide the artists with a financial foundation and allow them to continue creating new works.
3. Share and promote the work of African artists: Sharing and promoting the work of African artists on social media and other platforms can help to increase their visibility and reach. This can lead to more opportunities for the artists and help to build their reputation and following.
4. Support organizations that support African artists: There are many organizations, such as galleries, foundations, and art collectives, that support African artists and provide them with resources and opportunities. Supporting these organizations can help to indirectly support African artists and contribute to the growth and development of the African art scene.
5. Commission work from African artists: Another way to support African artists is to commission work from them. This can provide the artists with additional income and allow them to create works specifically for you or your organization.
Overall, there are many ways to support African artists and contribute to the growth and development of the African art scene. Whether you are an art collector, an artist, or simply someone interested in supporting the arts, there are many ways to get involved and make a difference.
Visit our gallery to get to know the best of contemporary African art.